Friday, August 13, 2010

The Shell

Here's a little story about a girl who enters a terrifying situation...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I stared at an insipid shell. Its glazed, sunken eyes didn’t notice me as a shiver worked its way up my spine. The lighting around me was warm and welcoming, but the shell’s sickly pallid hue made the room bitterly chilly. How did I get here? That was the least of my worries as the shell sensed my presence. It raised its red and purple needled arms to attack and hissed between its rotting teeth. I defended myself by lashing out to destroy the horror before my eyes. Its hard exterior shattered in a web-like pattern as my hands beat into its face. I tried to claw at its thin hair, but it escaped my grasp. The shell hunched over in defeat and watched me with hate in its bloodshot eyes. Blood flowed from its cracked face, but it felt no pain. I backed away – horrified. I was weak going against such a monster.

I placed my hands over my face to shield the sight of such a beast, and my eyes began to sting. Was just looking at the creature enough to scald eyes? No. That wasn’t it. I pulled my hands away to see that they were running with blood. The monster had inflicted damage upon me when I had cracked its frictionless shell. Blood from my hands slithered down its face. No. That wasn’t right either. I realized the truth.

I stared at myself in the cracked surface of a mirror.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the point of this was to say...DON'T USE DRUGS!!!


Photo provided by Google

No comments:

Post a Comment