Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whataburger


It’s the simple things in life that matter, and the Whataburger in Sulphur Springs, Texas has that simple charm. This Whataburger is just a quick stop for a good burger and extra salty fries, but to me it is so much more. It is made out of beautiful limestone, and the interior screams elegance. It has to be one of the most fancy and most spacious Whataburger’s I have ever seen. Sometimes I can forget I’m just eating at a cheap burger joint while admiring the real paintings hanging on the walls.

The atmosphere is not the only thing that gets me. When I walk into this Whataburger, the staff always greets me with a smile and belt out across the room, “Hello! Welcome to Whataburger. How are you doing today?” The greeting varies a lot depending on who is greeting you, and no other Whataburger has ever greeted me this way. The best thing is that the smiles never stop. While I dine, the staff constantly come by the table and asks if I need more ketchup or anything else. It’s almost as if they expect a tip (which they don’t)! Whenever I leave, I always hear over my shoulder, “Thanks for coming! Have a wonderful night!”

The best thing about Whataburger is that it is open 24 hours, opposed to everything shutting down at 10 p.m. like in my hometown. I have spent many nights hanging out with my best friends from high school and college at a Whataburger, and I have literally sat in a Whataburger all night long just talking. The staff never seem to care (as long as you order some fries or a drink). Sometimes the staff even joins in when they are not busy. Can you believe that a Whataburger is actually busy at 3 a.m.? Well believe me, it is! It all makes for a very pleasant experience.

Many memories have been made at Whataburger on a late night. I shall cherish them all.

Photo provided by Google

No comments:

Post a Comment