Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Music Muse: The Dog Days Are Over


READER BEWARE: Opinions Are Expressed Below

It's important to say that it takes a lot to impress me. Now with that said...let's continue. The MTV Video Music Awards have already come and gone...by several weeks...but there was a performance at the VMA's that captivated me. No it was the whiny Taylor Swift, the selfish Kayne West, the lip-syncing Usher or even his lip-syncing prodigy Justin Beiber. It was a group from across the ocean named Florence and The Machine.

At the VMA's, the lovely (when not covered in white makeup) Florence and her dancing crew made their Stateside debut with "Dog Days Are Over". I kind of get an Aborigine vibe from this song because of the drums and the dancers. Am I the only one? Anyways, Florence's enchanting voice may paint her as an angel, but she is far from it. Apparently her best work comes to her when she is drunk or when she has a hangover. That's just a tad bit strange, but it pales in comparison to that other Lady.

I don't know if all of Florence's songs are this good, but I'm happy with One Hit Wonders. I hope to be hearing more from Florence in the near future.

FYI: This video won a VMA award off screen for Best Art Direction.




Photo provided by Google

No comments:

Post a Comment