Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Tried Not to Do It...

I couldn't deny it anymore as I typed the words Vernon's Peak. My next book is taking me back to my hometown. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I was hoping my imagination take me to somewhere new like it did when it took me to the city of Mayfield ruled by brooding, pompous and privileged brats. Well now, I'm bringing the brooding, pompous and privileged brats to Vernon's Peak because things can be so much more sinister in a small town. Everyone knows each others business, and murder can cause more than just a ripple. That's a really good tagline...copyright!

By returning back to my hometown, this means that I can fulfill promises to people that wanted to be a character. Sorry, all of the big parts are already taken...

Well anyways, here is a small part of a flashback scene that I finished up the other night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There she had been, standing between the Bubblicious gum and M&M’s in the smoky atmosphere of Rigney’s gas station. I had choked on my ICEE while I admired her beauty. Her name was a complete mystery to me. Her blue eyes sparkled like diamonds as she brushed the black strands of hair out of her face. I watched her body move as she leaned forward to pick out a pack of gum. Her skin was caramel colored. I scanned every perfect inch of her body that was exposed. She had worn very little fabric on that hot summer night.

“She’s absolutely gorgeous,” I whispered to Thatcher.

“Oh, cool.” He didn’t notice her as he filled his cup with cherry ICEE. “What’s her name?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm...

Who is this mystery girl?

The secret is, she is an actual girl I know...

The million dollar question is...what is her name?*



*A million dollars will not be disbursed if you try to identify her name and guess correctly

1 comment:

  1. let me know when the book is ready, and I'll do the same with the first one (as in the movie script for it).

    ReplyDelete